WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO DO
YOUR FAMILY HISTORY?
For those of you who are leaving your family history to do when you are “older”, have you ever thought of the following:
- None of us knows the length of time that we’ll be here.
- It’s a tough sell for folks to admit that they have arrived at “old”.
- The body tends to be less cooperative– vision, arthritis, etc. can be a problem.
- Medical & financial issues can become such a burden that travel is curtailed.
- Opportunities to gain needed skills and knowledge have been passed up for years.
- The mind may not function as effectively as it once did. This leads to incorrectly linked families.
- Financial & mental ability to keep abreast of technology adequately for the research & input adds difficulty.
- It’s tough to gain a testimony of an area that is not practiced, and even harder to share that with descendants.
- People who know pertinent information for our research will die or have mental challenges while we wait for “that season” in our lives.
- In some areas, more records are becoming available, but in others, they are being withdrawn from circulation and/or sealed.
Now is the time for Family History, not later!
Sheri Lynn Lemon
Logan Utah Regional Family History Center